SoundCloud is an audio distribution platform & music sharing website established in 2007 which quickly soared to popularity. It enables its users to upload, promote and share music, audio, and podcasts. What sells it is its feature which allows access to uploaded files via a unique URL thus allowing audio files to be embedded on other social media platforms.
SoundCloud’s easy to understand interface makes it accessible across the world, especially with independent musicians and content creators. The SoundCloud app is beautifully designed with optimal user interface and experience. But since the introduction of SoundCloud Go, users feel that the app is going down, financially, for the artists, and the listeners and subsequently some feel that the entire platform does not make any sense anymore.
Must Try – SoundCloud Downloader.
With the rise of competitors like Spotify and Prime Music, who are threatening the existence of SoundCloud, some users feel that it’s time to say goodbye. If you’re one of those users who are loyal to SoundCloud, it’s time you close this tab, for other’s read on to know how to delete your account.
SoundCloud’s Data Removal Policies
Abiding by the German laws, SoundCloud, unlike Facebook or Whatsapp, cannot retain your data in their servers for any period. Thus, deleting your account will make sure that all content you have uploaded or shared and the usage data associated with your account will be removed from SoundCloud’s servers immediately. This article will guide you through the steps to successfully delete your SoundCloud account.
Steps to Delete Your SoundCloud Account
Note that your neither uninstalling the mobile app delete your SoundCloud account. Nor can it be deleted through the mobile app for iPhone, iPad or Android. You will need to access the web interface to achieve deletion.
- Firstly, disconnect all other apps which are connected to your SoundCloud account. You can do this by clicking the button next to Connected Apps under Connected Applications heading in Connections section.
- Go to soundcloud.com-the official website of SoundCloud and log in using your registered ID.
- Navigate to the three dots present at the upper right corner of the window and choose the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- On clicking the Settings option, Settings main page will open up. In the settings page, you will see a horizontal navigational bar.
- In the bar, under the Account heading, click the Delete Account link at the bottom.
- SoundCloud will ask for the reason for your choice to delete your account and you may optionally answer the question by choosing one of the given options or describing your own.
- Lastly, confirm account deletion by ticking the box next to “Yes, I want to delete my account and all my tracks, comments and stats” and click on the Delete my account button at the bottom.
The server will delete your account and data in due time.
Steps to Take After Deletion
You can safely uninstall the SoundCloud’s mobile app when your account successfully deleted. Do not forget to remove your SoundCloud connection from other apps. You may even choose to delete your user cache from Google to remove all traces of your account.
Reactivation of SoundCloud Account
Since SoundCloud does not store its data after an account has been deleted, it is difficult to restore an account. But if an account has been removed recently, retrieving your account is worth a try. You will need to contact the SoundCloud support team giving them the details of your account. They will try their best to help you.